Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

     Exactly one week from today, we leave for Senegal.  The excitement is electrifying!!!  As I was doing my morning devotionals, it occurred to me that today is Valentines Day.  A day celebrated each  year that is associated with love.  It made me think that when one knows The Lord, it is Valentines Day everyday.  Perfect love from Abba Father to all who will receive it.  As we prepare for visiting our adopted village of Babak, my hearts desire is for all there to know that Our Father in heaven has this incredible gift of love for them.  I wish for them to know he is a very personal God, one who will meet you wherever you are and one that is always faithful.  One who loves you fully and who sees you as beautiful.  One whom you can always rely on; our rock, our strong tower.
     I have for the Lenten season decided to do a 40 day prayer challenge and I am using the book by Mark Batterson called, "Draw the Circle."  My first two days have even more so impressed upon me the importance of prayer.  These scriptures were reviewed thus far:  Acts  10:2 "He prayed to God regularly."  Quoting Mark Batterson, "The plans of God are only revealed in  the presence of God."  Proverbs 16:9 "In their hearts humans plan their course, but The Lord establishes their steps."  Again I would like to quote Mark Batterson, "We can't plan God-ordained opportunities.  All we can do is seize them.  We can't perform miracles.  All we can do is pray for them.  Our job is to hear His voice.  His job is to establish our steps.  And if we do our job, God will do His!"
     Please come along side of us in prayer as we travel back to the village.  I am so excited and feel that The Lord is going to move mightily in Senegal. 

     Acts 1:8 "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me...to the ends of the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment